As a member of our ML team at Prisma Photonics, you will tackle unique challenges in the domain of Optical Fiber Sensing. Fiber Sensing data measures a unique generated signal along an optical fiber deployed by critical utility infrastructure and interprets it as a continuous acoustic signal originating from tens of thousands of virtual sensors spanning over hundreds of kilometers. You will develop expertise with this domain and apply novel ML approaches that address the domain’s specific challenges to detect, classify, and track spatio-temporal events. In addition, you will be responsible for the training of models and the inference production code running on the edge product. As a data scientist at Prisma Photonics, you will have access to the full data-acquisition stack and work with the software engineering, hardware, data, and field application teams.
- 3+ years of experience and deep understanding of DL, ML, and numerical libraries: Pytorch, Tensorflow, NumPy, Pandas, xgboost/lightgbm.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of programming experience in complex software systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly values team collaboration
- Eager to learn and adapt to new challenges
- Previous publication record in ML and adjacent disciplines
- Experience with seismic data and geophysics
- Familiarity with MLops tools such as TensorBoard, Weights, and Biases, and ClearML
- Familiarity with the DevOps and BigData infrastructure