We are looking to hire a talented, self-driven, and passionate Senior Data Engineer to build and maintain optimized and highly available data pipelines that facilitate deeper analysis and reporting.
Reporting to: Data Engineering Manager
- Design a data collection, storage, and data search and access API, from our edge computing to the cloud and on-prem storage.
- Develop the data storage and metadata databases for our AI and Algorithms to access train and test.
- Analyze data usage and optimize cost structures in parallel to low latency access using common and proprietary services in the cloud.
- Design and develop tagging tools and automation on top of our data.
- Work closely with Software, AI, and Algorithm teams on system integration, benchmarking, and data access.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as math, computer science, engineering, etc.
- 2+ years of experience and deep understanding of SQL and NoSql DBs (MySql, Elastic, MongoDB, Postgres).
- 2+ Experienced with Python programming.
- Knowledge of Data Science related infrastructure such as AWS and GCP.
- Strong collaborator with teams and peers
- Innovative with a growth mindset.
- Additional software programming experience.
- Familiar with scripting languages including Bash, Windows cmd, Windows PowerShell.
- Experience with Hadoop, Map Reduce, Spark, or another distributed computing platform.
- Cloud provisioning and administration experience and system admin experience in Windows and Linux.