Prisma-Photonics, is a rapidly growing startup company, developing the next-generation smart-infrastructure solution based on novel fiber-sensing technology (smart roads, smart cities, perimeters, and grid monitoring, etc.). The company offers an award-winning disruptive solution: “sensor-free” approach to smart infrastructure. The company is VC backed and is already generating significant revenues.
Combining pioneering technology in optical fiber sensing with state-of-the-art machine learning, we help prevent environmental disasters, protect human lives, and keep critical energy and transportation backbones running smoothly.
We know our product is only as great as the individuals building the hardware and software and harnessing data for good causes. Being a great team member means being eager to learn and grow, able to challenge while accepting being challenged, and working for the team and the product with enthusiasm and passion.
Having multiple products and customer deliveries, the R&D group is looking for an experienced technical project manager to lead our projects. The role requires good understanding of software component, microservices architecture, knowledge of scheduling and planning, and creative problem solving. The person will take part in R&D management staff, and we would like him/her to have a material effect on R&D focus and productivity.
● Build the R&D project plan based on roadmap agreement with product management.
● Set delivery goals for each team based on the plan.
● Track, update, and present project status in each of its phases, as well as technical challenges and paths to solutions.
● Manage collaborative problem solving which arise in the projects.
● Hire and manage a small project management team (Jr. project managers, program managers)
● Bachelor or higher degree in Scientific or engineering fields (Computer Science, Physics, Industrial Engineering and Management)
● 5 Years of experience in project management including software and hardware components.
● 5 Years of experience in direct people management
● Experience of a matrix managed organization (guilds and gangs)
● Proficient and both waterfall and Agile project management methodologies
● Proficient with JIRA Project management tools
● Experience as software programmer or algorithm researcher.
● Prior experience in data driven companies and machine learning pipelines.
● Prior experience in working for a startup company.
● Prior experience in adjacent disciplines like customer success, customer support, product management.